OPERATIONAL GUIDELINES: 'RED TIER' - EFFECTIVE OCTOBER 3, 2020
General Parish Directives
1. Effective October 3, 2020, all parishes within the County of Riverside may operate under the guidelines contained herein.
2. San Bernardino County parishes may operate under these guidelines, when notified by the Office of the Bishop that San Bernardino County has proceeded to 'Red Tier'.
3. Pastors/Administrators/Pastoral Coordinators should re-emphasize to parishioners, staff and volunteers the critical importance of remaining at home if they are ill, or if a member of their household is ill.
Changes to Capacity Regulations
1. All parishes may continue to offer worship services and sacraments outdoors, as long as weather permits, under the 'Red Tier'.
2. Parishes may begin to utilize the parish hall for indoor (church) attendance 'overflow', should it be necessary, to a maximum 'overflow' capacity of 100.
3. Extreme diligence must be practiced when planning and scheduling sanitizing of all areas used by attendees between services, whether held indoor, outdoor, or 'overflow'.
4. Parishes should continue parking lot spacing, utilizing every other stall, as much as physically possible under these capacity requirements.
Assigning volunteers to manage parking lot traffic, before and after services, is highly recommended to ensure orderly entrance and exit to the site.